Commercial Roof Certified Maintenance Program
Christian Brothers Roofing is a GAF Certified Maintenance Professional, who in conjunction with GAF materials corporation has designed a proactive maintenance program to keep commercial roofs healthy, in service, and warrantable so that the ROI in your low-slope roof can go the distance. A Certified Maintenance Professionals’ job is to reduce the risk of unexpected expenses and unnecessary disruption that may occur if your roof leaks by providing regular recurring proactive maintenance on low slope commercial roofing systems.
- Your roof will last longer.
- Eligible enrollees will enjoy a 25% longer GAF materials warranty.
- Maintenance and Repairs will cost less.
- You get peace of mind knowing that business won’t be interrupted from surprise roof problems
Extend The Life Of Your Roof
Flat roofs are enormous investments for Kansas City Commercial building owners. They typically represent about 10% of total building costs but can account for 90% of building maintenance problems “down the road”.
Here are some facts to consider:
- Studies have shown that proactively maintained roofs last up to 60% longer than reactively maintained roofs.*
- Less than 1% of roof failure is caused by defective roofing materials; leaving poor installation, severe weather, and lack of maintenance to blame.
- Typically, the cost of a couple of service calls and maintenance repairs can equal the yearly cost of a maintenance contract.**
A multi-year/multi-location study conducted by the US Airforce on their facilities shows that roofs relying solely on reactive roof maintenance incurred an average of 3x higher average annual maintenance costs over the serviceable life of the roof than those where regular proactive maintenance was performed.
What Wears Out A Roof?
- Exposure… Either long-term exposure to the elements (sun, water, freeze-thaw, etc.) or short-term exposure to damaging air pollutants and chemicals
- Structural Movement… Such as building settlement or expansion/contraction not accommodated by the roofing system
- Biological Growth… Such as vegetation in areas of standing water or algae
- Not Fixing Problems Promptly… These can add up to a much shorter roof life—e.g., if a small problem is not repaired, then a large amount of insulation and building interior can be damaged
- Forgetting About Maintenance… This is perhaps the biggest cause of premature roof failure
- Change In The Use Of The Building… e.g., an increase in the interior relative humidity of a building can cause severe condensation problems within the roofing system
*According to Roofing Contractor magazine
**The Russo Report: Selling Owners On Roof Maintenance—Part III – by Mike Russo, Roofing Contractor, July 25, 2012