A worn out roof can compromise your home’s protection, leaving you with the hassles of pricy repair bills and time-consuming restoration. Make sure your roof is intact and functioning as it was designed to, and avoid the hassles of cascading problems that can result from roof damage.
When it’s time for roof replacement, take a look at the current options and learn the facts about roofing materials. Metal roofing has steadily increased in popularity over recent years, and for good reason. Let’s take a look at why homeowners, businesses, and churches are pivoting in their roof material choice by installing metal.
Metal Roofing Basics
Looking to boost your home exterior aesthetics? Take a look at metal roofing. Known as the most durable roof material in the industry, metal roofing leaves homeowners smiling with long-lasting beauty, eco-friendly makeup, and high performance.
Metal roofing myth busters
Here are some myths about metal roofing:
- Some people think metal roofing will make your home hotter in the summer and colder in the winter. This is not the case. Because there is open space between the roof decking and panels, your home insulation increases with a metal roof.
- Are you concerned a metal roof would attract lightning? Your metal roof is not dangerous when storms come. It won’t attract lightning strikes any more than an asphalt roof, and doesn’t require lightning rod installation.
- Are you concerned a metal roof would create too much noise in your home? The fact is that the sound you hear during a storm with a metal roof is comparable to the sounds when a home has an asphalt shingle roof. This requires proper installation from a knowledgeable roofing company. Read on to learn more!
Metal Roofing Benefits
1. Outstanding looks
A gorgeous metal roof can help you make the perfect design statement and cause your home to stand out. Metal roofing looks fabulous on a variety of home styles and boosts curb appeal. Choose from a host of style options to get the look you love and complement your home architecture.
2. Generous style options
Metal roofing now comes in various style options. It can mimic the look of slate, tile, wood shake, and even asphalt shingles.
3. Long-lasting endurance
With proper installation, metal roofing lasts over 50 years, making it a smart option — especially if you’re looking for a low maintenance option to replace wood shake shingles.
4. Environmentally friendly
Minimize your environmental impact with a recyclable metal roof.
5. Reliable moisture resistance
Watertight, weather resistant metal roofing keeps the moisture outside your home where it belongs.
6. Strong return on investment (ROI)
Increase your resale value with gorgeous metal roofing. Most homeowners recoup over 68% of the initial investment on a metal roof installation.
7. Energy savings
Metal roofing is ENERGY STAR® rated, meaning it meets or exceeds the requirements that ensure energy savings. Many homeowners find that their utilities bills decrease in the summer and winter due to the extra insulation properties of a metal roof installation.
Stylish DECRA Stone-Coated Steel Roofing
In the past, commercial business owners chose metal roofing due to its durability, longevity, and low maintenance, but it lacked the visual appeal homeowners desire. Today, metal roofing is no longer solely for commercial and industrial buildings. With the introduction of stone-coated steel, DECRA added sophistication and style to metal roofing, making it a stylish option for homes.
Made in the U.S., DECRA is the original stone-coated metal roofing material desired by many. Traditional roofing materials and imitation metal products don’t come close to the resilient strength of DECRA stone-coated steel. Backed by a substantial warranty, this roofing material gives you peace of mind that your home is protected well. And you can count on it for decades. What people love about DECRA roofing includes:
- Product quality—Impeccable product quality standards
- Warranty—Best in the industry
- Durability—The strongest, most durable roof material
- Wind resistance—Withstands winds of up to 120 m.p.h.
- Density—Weighs 1.4 – 1.6 pounds per square feet
- Upkeep—Low maintenance
- Hail resistance—Class 4 Impact Resistant rating
- Fire rating—Class A fire rated
- Noise level—Stone-coated steel deadens the sound of rain and hail
- Weather resistant—Freeze and thaw resistant
- Cost—Great value due to the longevity of the product—lasts over 50 years
Standing Seam Metal Roofing
A standing seam roof has a distinct vertical pattern to it with clean lines and hidden fasteners. Ideal for homes and businesses, it’s used as an architectural accent (covering bay windows, dormers, and porches) or to cover an entire roof. Reasons people love standing seam roofing include:
- Weather resistance—Stands up to snow, ice, and severe storms
- Durability—Won’t rot, warp or crack
- Recyclable—100% recyclable at the end of its life, making your home more eco-friendly
- Lightweight—Weighs less than asphalt shingles
- Long lasting—Metal roofing can last 40-70 years
- Fire safety—Noncombustible material that may even contribute to insurance savings
- Customizable—Select from a wide variety of color, shape, and width options
- Low maintenance—Resists corrosion due to the zinc-aluminum alloy coating
- Energy efficiency—Factory applied painted coating reflects solar radiant heat and reduces cooling costs
Reliable Roofing Installation
Metal roofing isn’t a DIY project. It needs to be installed by a trained and experienced roofing contractor. At Christian Brothers Roofing, we understand how important it is to find the right roofing contractor. Our qualified team can help spot storm damage on your current roof, and give you valuable facts about roof repair vs. replacement. We provide storm damage recovery and gutter installation in addition to roof replacement and repair.
We install both DECRA metal roofing and standing seam metal roofing. Our locally sourced, custom designed metal roofing panels and the top performing products installed under your roofing material ensures your home is well protected from moisture penetration.
Take a look at our Ultimate Guide to Roof Replacement in Kansas City and find out all you need to know about roof replacement for your home, business or church.